Bhrigu lake trek is a beautiful trek which is suitable for beginners. Bhrigu lake is a glacial lake which is beautiful and the journey to get to is just amazing. We cross through some of the most wonderful meadows and grasslands. We get to view the Pir Pinjal and Dhauladhar ranges throughout this trek. Other prominent peaks as Hanuman Tibba (5932 metres), Deo tibba (6,000 metres), Indrasen (6,220 metres) can be seen from the Bhrigu lake.
From the list of “Beginner” graded treks, Bhrigu lake is very popular among trekkers as it is a 4 days trekking experience.
Altitudes : Manali – 6,700 feet – Gulaba – 10,400 feet – Rola Khuli – 12,600 feet – Bhrigu lake – 14,000 feet
Day 1 – Manali to Gulaba drive followed by a short trek to Roli Kholi (25kms drive/ trek 3-4 hour) (12,600 feet)
We will start our road journey from Manali (Rambagh Circle) Everyone should meet us here post lunch. We will drive to Gulaba and from there start an hour long terk to Roli Kholi
Day 2 – Roli kholi to Bhrigu lake and back to Roli kholi (11kms/ 6 hours) (14,000 feet)
We climb up approx. 5kms from Roli kholi to get to the Bhrigu lake. This is a climb over one ridge to the other. There is an initial trail over stones followed by a steep ascend for about 2 hours. There is a small descend of 10 to 15 mins followed by a final steep ascent to the lake. The lake is covered under fog most of the times.
Post spending some time at the lake, we will start our journey back to the campsite at Roli kholi.
We get to view Pir Pinjal and the Dhauladhar ranges. Peaks as Hanuman tibba, Deo Tibba and Indrasen can be also seen on a clear day.
Day 3 – Roli Kholi to Gulaba trek and drive to Manali (5kms/ 3hours) (6,700 feet)
Today is a comparatively easy day. We will start descending post breakfast, for nearly 3 hours with a few steep patches to reach Gulaba. We drive back to Manali and drop you at the Rambagh circle. We take this route to return instead to descending to Vashisht. This route is better as this route causes lesser stress on the knees than the one compared to Vashisht.
- Meals will be provided starting from Evening Tea on Day 1 till Breakfast on Day 4.
- Transport will be provided from Rambagh Circle to Gulaba on Day 1 and return on Day 4.
- Accommodation – Day 1 will be a homestay accommodation. Day 2 & 3 will be camping.
- 1 guide for a group of maximum 06-08 trekkers. Our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
- Camping mattresses
- Toilet tent – 1 clean and hygienic toilet tent while camping (cat pit style)
- First aid medical kit with medical assistance for the trekkers
- Camping and trekking permits and permissions from the local administrations
- Service tax 5% (as per the current in GST)
- Transport – Delhi to Dharamshala or return
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Any meals/services not mentioned above