Hemis National Park is a high altitude national park, which is home to the exotic Snow Leopards and some rare birds. In winters, these wild cats and other animals come down from higher altitudes and can therefore be spotted on this trek.
This trek is a combination of many experiences in one. We get to explore Leh with snow-covered mountains in the background, life and challenges of village people in winters, the Buddhist culture while visiting the monasteries along with spotting Snow Leopard, the tracks of Eurasian Brown Bear, herd of Blue Sheep, Ibex, the Tibetan Wolf and many more.
Day 1 & 2: Acclimatization Day
Land in Leh and check into Hotel or a Homestay. We will rest today and let our body acclimatize to the altitude as well as the weather,
On day 2, we can go for a short sight-seeing tour towards Thiksey Monastery, Shey Monastery or alternatively to Spituk Monastery, Gurudwara Pathar Sahab and the Hall of Fame.
Day 3: Leh to Phey to Hemis National Park
Our day today will be an easy one. Post breakfast, we will drive to Phey from Leh. Take a quick break at Phey and start our trek along the Indus River to get to the Hemis National Park. Reach the camping site (or homestay) and relax.
Day 4 - 5 – 6 - 7 Hemis National Park (wild life experiencing)
Start the day at ease. Post breakfast, we will leave for our exploration. Our guides are seasoned spotters and they will understand every trail and help us spot the elusive cat.
Generally, the snow leopards like to stay at higher altitudes and that is why are not easy to spot. However, in the winter months, it comes down to lower altitudes for its kill and is repeatedly spotted in the area.
We will also utilize the day to experience the ladakhi hospitality, the local dances and the local cuisines.
Day 8: Hemis National Park – Zingchen – Leh
Today, we will trek to Zingchen post breakfast. We will start early to Zingchen to get to Leh in time. At Zingchen, we will board the cab and get to Leh.
At Leh, check into the Hotel/Homestay and relax. Later, we can step out to explore the local markets and cafes.
Day 9: Fly out
Fly out of Leh.
1) Meals - All the meals from Leh to Leh
2) Accommodation - 1st, 2nd and 8th night in local home-stay/ hotel in Leh
Day 3 - Leh to Phey drive
Day 8 - Zingchen to Leh drive
4) Camping/ tea house on double/ triple sharing basis
5) A Certified wilderness first aid responder for any medical emergencies with fully equipped medical kit. Oxygen cylinders are not required for this trek however we still carry for emergencies
6) An experienced and certified Guide/Spotter
7) All our guides and trek leads are professionally trained/ skilled and have many years of relevant experience in guiding and leading treks.
8) Clean sleeping bags
9) Camping Mattresses
10) Toilets – clean and hygienic (traditional cat pit style)
11) Camping & trekking permits and permissions from the local administrations/ authorities
1) Service tax 5% (as per the current in GST)
2) Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bags/ offloads
3) Any meals/services not mentioned above
4) Any costs in accommodation & food arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
6) Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
7) Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
8) Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.